Monday 31 October 2011

Newborn, Pearls & Curls

How excited was I to have the opportunity to photograph this beautiful family!  So, so excited. 

I arrive, go to turn the car off ... keys won't come out of ignition.  Try fiddling, check steering wheel is not locked, turn car back on and drive forward a bit.  Turn car back off.  Keys will still not come out.  Oh well, she'll be right I think, not likely to get stolen here.

I'm greeted by Darren and his stunning daughter P.   She is wearing pearls and I just know that I am going to love taking photos of this little girl.  Inside I meet Darren's wife Belinda, who has just come home from hospital with baby M that morning.  Sqeeeeeeeeee, baby M is so little and perfect and newborn precious.  And then from her afternoon nap rouses young Miss B.  I spend a delightful couple of hours with this family who are lovely in every way. 

Ready to head home to my own little family I turn the key in the ignition and ... well, I bet you can all guess what happened next!

nothing.

zip, zero, zilch.

Darren gallantly tries to jumpstart the engine for me.

nada.

I ring RACQ.  That will be a 90 minute wait.

So back in we go and I enjoy a cup of tea and a chat with Darren & Belinda.   Ninety minutes doesn't seem like that much of a wait in the company of this couple and eventually RACQ comes and they start my car.

And you know what.... it was all totally worth it!

Hope you enjoy the photos :-)














2 comments: